ALOHA from Paradise! I thought I should update all you Haole's* so that you know I'm not over here just lying around on the beach, or hanging out at the U.S. Open Surfing Championships that are going on right now on the North Shore. Au contraire! The theater renovation is going on at a torrid pace as I try to make the December 15th deadline. The movies have been ordered, the opening date is all set and I am still a long way from completing this thing. I may need a miracle. Here are some photos so that you can see how things are going.
 |
| Exterior view at sunset. |
 |
| Working on the lobby. |
 |
| Chairs installed in one of the theaters. |
Thanksgiving is tomorrow and all would be much better here in Paradise if you guys were here. Instead, I will celebrate Thanksgiving with the Kaneohe 4th Ward. We will be starting off with a football game - Melchizedek vs Aaronic priesthood. Then, we will all head over to the Stake Center and open up the emu, which will have a bunch of turkeys slowly cooking next to the hot rocks, and will then feast throughout the afternoon!
 |
Love My Mimi
|
I do want to take this opportunity to tell each one of you how much I truely love you. Being away from home can allow for reflection time and it has helped me realize what amazing people you ALL are! I am so grateful we are making this journey together and will continue to do so for eternity. There isn't a greater group of people than you! I don't know how I got added to this group but.....thank goodness.... please know that I don't take this blessing for granted! I look forward to our gathering at Christmas time. Until then, please know that I LOVE YOU very much! Lane, Mirella, Hailey, Marc, Krista, Tommy, and last but not least my "eternal companion" "The Love of my Life" Mimi D.
Dad
Here are some pictures I took at the beach.
 |
| This is my little home here on the island. |
* Do you know what Haole means? It means "without breath". You know how when Pacific Islanders meet they greet each other with an embrace and then by breathing in and then out? Well Haoles (whites or Americans) greet with a handshake and not with the breath! That's what they call me here, Haole, or the white guy!
Thanks for the update, Sweetheart! I cannot believe we are not going to be together tomorrow, but instead are all spread out across the United States! From NY to Hawaii and from California to Idaho! I miss you so much. I hope you can feel our love and prayers for you across the miles. Take care and Happy Thanksgiving!!!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Mimi
I love the pictures! Thanks so much for sending them! It looks so beautiful there! That exterior shot of the theater with the sun setting in the background was spectacular! I wish you could enjoy it a little more. Hang in there! Love you, Babe
ReplyDelete